NEWPORT—A combination of 2,010 trees and shrubs were distributed on Saturday, March 7 during the 39th Annual Tree Day Celebration held at the Division of Forestry office in Newport.
- Tennessee weekly jobless claims 14 times higher amid virus
- Financial Aid Available for Certain Families That Lost Employment Due to COVID-19
- Many local businesses and services altering hours
- Newport Medical Center announces visitor restrictions
- Task Force C-19 activated on Wednesday
- Local schools to remain closed through April 13
- UT Extension can help citizens plan for income loss during the Coronavirus pandemic
- Local libraries closing; other cancellations and postponements announced
- School personnel soldiering on in face of school closures
NEWPORT—Sandra W. Burchette, a local educator with over 40 years experience, both as a classroom teacher and as an administrator, will continu…
NEWPORT—Members of the Newport City Board of Education held an emergency meeting Sunday, March 22, in what was probably the most unusual setti…
COSBY—When the call was handed down to halt classes and athletics in the area, many — particularly athletes — were hit with immediate dread.
Jordan Bowden would be in a gym getting shots up under normal circumstances.
Tennessee Governor Bill Lee made his latest recommendation regarding when schools should plan to start back throughout the state, on Tuesday.
As Tennessee's backcourt readies for three highly-touted additions, redshirt junior guard Jalen Johnson entered the NCAA's transfer portal to look for an opportunity to play more elsewhere.
Aggravated assault: Deputies were dispatched to the 300 block of South Highway 32, concerning someone who was threatened with a gun on Thursday, March 26. Sgt. Bill Miller spoke with Jim Nowak, 62, who said Chester Vance, 61, allegedly pointed a gun at him following an argument. According to… Read more
The challenges brought to our nation by the 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) are among the most significant we’ve ever faced. Americans face not only a threat to their physical health, but to their economic stability and emotional well-being. Our country is currently undergoing a planned sh…
What is the current state of coronavirus (COVID-19)?
Mention the word “coronavirus,” and there will be reactions from knee-jerk panic to “who cares?”
The Tennessee legislature is currently debating the merits of HB2721/SB2896, the “Parental Oversight of Public Libraries Act.”
Douglas-Cherokee Economic Authority (DCEA), and its Cocke County Neighborhood Service Center (Cocke NSC), would like to thank all of the great volunteers that continually assist each quarter with the distribution of USDA Commodity foods.