NEWPORT—Members of the Cocke County Board of Education met Thursday, July 11, at the Central Office and dealt with several items of routine business.
On a motion by Jimmy Stokely, seconded by Richard Coggins, the board approved a contract with Saratoga Technologies, Inc. for a RISO FW5230 printing machine rental at $7,608.00 per year, plus an additional $5.375.00 for maintenance and supplies for a total cost of $12,983.00 per year up to three years.
The board also approved, on motion by Otha Rolen, seconded by Richard Coggins, a contract with LeAnn Gregg to provide physical therapy services to one homebound student at the rate of $60 per hour for the 2019-2020 school year.
They also approved a request from the SSA Federal Programs Director to renew an online subscription to MobyMax at a cost of $12,870.00, with money coming from Title V funds.
In other business, the board approved
• five out-of-county students to attend school in Cocke County for the 2019-2020 school year, pending available space, as well as discipline and attendance checks
• an overnight trip for CTE SKILLS USA students to attend the State Competition during the spring of 2020. Chaperones will be Randy Bethea, Billy Holt, Stephen Hodges, Lucas Valentine, Michelle Lane, Chad Crum, and David Perryman
• an annual Hardware Maintenance Agreement with Local Government Corporation for the 2019-2020 school year
• a travel/trip request for a maximum of three CTE instructors and two administrators to attend the Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence Conference in Orlando, Florida Dec. 12-15, 2019
• numerous fundraiser requests by Cosby Elementary, Grassy Fork Elementary, Centerview Elementary, Cosby High, Parrottsville Elementary, Cocke County High, and Edgemont Elementary Schools for the coming school year.