NEWPORT—A mobile home was destroyed by fire Wednesday afternoon around 3 p.m.
The Cocke County Fire Department and Cosby Volunteer Fire Department responded to the scene off Armory Road.
The single wide mobile home in the Twin Springs subdivision was owned by Travis Richmond and Meagan Kersey.
The homeowners were away from the scene when the fire occurred.
The mobile home was a total loss.
The family pet was also lost in the fire.
A red Chevrolet S10 pickup parked in the driveway of the home sustained damage as well, after a power line pole fell on the vehicle.
Initial reports say that mulch around the home may have spontaneously combusted causing the fire.
Firefighters had to deal with 93-degree temperatures, and had to take frequent rest breaks because the fire was made more intense by the temperatures.
A GoFundMe account has been established for the couple and their two children.