COCKE COUNTY—Diploma covers placed on the table for a student to pick up.
- State's COVID-19 count surpasses 21,000
- State COVID-19 cases nearing 21,000 mark
- COVID-19 case count continues to increase in Tennessee
- Recovery Group Issues Updated Guidance for Restaurants and Retail, Allows for Large Attractions to Open
- Over 18,500 COVID-19 cases reported in Tennessee
- No new COVID-19 cases in Cocke County
- Moderna: Early coronavirus vaccine results are encouraging
- Recovery Group to Lift Capacity Restrictions on Restaurants and Retail
- State closing in on 17,000 COVID-19 cases
NEWPORT—While the greater majority of citizens have benefited from sheltering during the days of the COVID-19 pandemic, opting to distance the…
NASHVILLE—State Senator Steve Southerland (R-Morristown) said he is very pleased that three Volunteer Fire Departments in Cocke County have be…
NEWPORT—Saying goodbye is never easy. Even less so when you’re leaving the place that gave you your start in your career.
NEWPORT—It’s never easy to walk away from what you love.
WAYNESVILLE, Ga.—Jimmy Owens picked up his first Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series win of 2020 on Tuesday Night at Golden Isles Speedway. The series returned to the race track for the first time since the Georgia-Florida Speedweeks back in February, 100 days ago.
Hayes arrest: Officers were dispatched to Walmart in reference to a theft that occurred on Saturday, May 23. Patrolman Shane Bower observed Amber Hayes, 33, Gatlinburg, running out of the store carrying a bag of merchandise. According to the report, officers commanded Hayes to stop running b… Read more
I’m writing this in hope that some person or persons can understand the meaning of a thief as related to our cemeteries and in particular Union Cemetery, where the flowers just seem to be walking away.
Kids are stuck at home. And they really feel the need to find ways to socialize, do their schoolwork, and entertain themselves.
On Monday, our nation will pause in observance of Memorial Day to honor the service members we have lost in the line of duty. This day is a stark reminder of the cost of our freedoms, and a time to remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country as well as the families th…
The state of Tennessee has begun to carefully and safely reopen over the past couple of weeks following the expiration of Governor Lee’s Safer at Home order on April 30, and I have been encouraged by the results we’ve seen so far.