NEWPORT—Lincoln Avenue Baptist Church will be the site of a free camp for children ages 9-12, this Saturday, April 17 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Camp Mariposa is a year-round addiction prevention and mentoring program for children ages 9-12 affected by the substance use of a family member.
Youth attend free, day and weekend camps throughout the year. At camp, youth participate in fun, traditional camp activities, combined with education and support sessions to learn critical life skills and self-care.
Camp Mariposa offers additional social and recreational activities throughout the year.
Outings, such as movies, sporting events and bowling provide youth, their families and mentors an opportunity to connect and have fun.
Camp Mariposa helps children:
- Connect with friends in similar situations
- Reduce feelings of guilt and isolation
- Learn that addiction is a disease and not their fault
- Develop trusting relationships with adult mentors
- Build confidence and learn critical life skills
- Have fun!
For more information contact Tessa Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 423-608-7037.